N63 oil leak

image image imageN63 oil leak,,,,we have been finding out that the turbo oil return housing gasket will start to leak,,,,and leak down the rear of the engine and around the transmissions,,,,,,which then looks like the rear of the oil pan is leaking,,,,,but it is not,,,,,,in the last pic the turbo oil return housing is under the heat shield for the turbos,,,,,recommend if any turbo work is done replace that housing it comes with the gasket

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to N63 oil leak

1. hrvo says:

how many hours is this job?

• I don’t know which oil leak on the N63 you were looking at,,,,the N63 oil pan leak is about 9 hours,,,,,,and has about 40k miles,,,,,,,or the turbo oil return housing also takes about 8 to 9 hours,,,,that car had about 50k miles,,,,I hope this helps

• hrvo says:

i have a leak between engine and transmission but looks like is more rear main seal. From top i can see wetness around oil pipes on cover flange but is hard to say. I am planning to take a tranny out to confirm or is ther a better way to see it?

• No there really not a easier way to find the oil leak,,,,the good thing about removing the transfer,,,,is you can inspect the rear main seal,,,,and see if the oil leak is the rear seal or coming from up above from the engine.

2. hrvo says:

750 LI 2011y

3. Muhammad Khalid says:

Hi, i am also facing the same issue, what is the cost of repairing the same….?

4. Matt says:

Does this have a bad oil burning smell to it? I have a smell in my 2011 550 N63 and the dealer can’t seem to locate it. I can smell something burning every time I park in my garage. I can also smell it when I sit at idle, or literally smell the engine. Dealer thinks I’m nuts. But others can smell the same smell. Someone suggested that the turbo coolant lines can cause that smell shortly before they fail. Car has 103K on it.

• If the coolant lines have failed,,,,you should have a sweet smell from the coolant leaking on the hot engine.,,,,did anyone check the main coolant resvoir and the little coolant resvoir for the turbos if they are low on coolant.

5. Philipp says:

In order to replace the oil return housing gasket what other parts needed to be replaced once you reassemble? Could you step me through what all you had to remove?

• It pretty basic,,,remove both air filter housing,,,remove charge pipes,,,remove turbo coolant hoses,,,remove catalytic converter clamp,,,push catalytic converters out of the way,,,just start removing all the brackets that get in the way so you can gain access to remove both turbos,,,,you might want to replace the oil return metal pipe ,,,because they might crack when you pull them out,,,I know I forgot something,,,it’s easier when it’s in front of me and I am doing it myself,,,,just take your time ok.