N63 vacuum pump

image

Here performing a customer care package,,,,replacing the vacuum pump on a n63,,,,,you have to remove the heat shield ,,,,,just the passengers side heat shield,,,,,you can pry it out it just takes some time and patience .

image

I don’t know if you can see the vacuum pump down there,,,,it’s really in a tight spot,,,,BMW use to pay us 4 hours to replace,,,,,now BMW only pays us about 2 hours,,,,they found out we were beating the allowed work time,,,,,sucks for us ,,,,good for BMW.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to N63 vacuum pump

1. Sim says:

Can you please explain why the Vacuum Pump is under CCP? What is the possible failure?
    Thank You!

• The customer care package is just that,,,,it is problems that BMW knows about the car,,,,and there are certain parts that BMW has us inspect and replace them to make the customer happy with there car,,,,the vacuum pump was known to leak oil,,,,so we have to inspect the part number on the vacuum pump,,,,and if it isn’t the latest part number then we replace it with the newest and latest part number to make the customer happy,,,,,I hope this helps

2. Rolf says:

This is F10 or F11 550i ?

3. Pawel says:

Do you have any tips on how to remove lower passenger side heat shield (I’m stuck on this step)? I’ve removed all the bolts and it seems to be wedged by the vacuum pump. Last time I felt so lost was when replacing the by-pass Y-hose 😉

• Are you sure you have all the bolts out,,,,there is that one under the car on the passengers side by the firewall,,,,and there is that clip that the heat shield slides into that can cause a problem,,,you must bend that clip so it will release the heat shield

4. TomB says:

My vacuum pump is leaking oil, which is coming out of a hole in one of my turbo wastegate actuators. BMW extended the warrantee to 10 years/120k on the vacuum pump, so I think I can get them to fix that. I’ll have to deal with the actuator. However, is there going to be oil in the vacuum tank that could pose a problem that I should get them to fix as well?

5. Daren S says:

My 2011 Bmw F02 had customer care package at 32k miles. No vacuum pump was replaced however. I have 41k miles. I lose power brakes at slow speeds either forward or reverse. In fact if I put the brake pedal rapidly I will instantly lose power brakes. I am handy. What part should I buy . Vacuum pump, check valve , power booster or master. Fluid is clean and full. No codes are triggered as well.

• It’s really hard to tell what wrong without checking the vacuum pump and braking systems,,,,you need to see if you have enough vacuum from the pump and then check to see if the check valve is holding,,,,then check to see if the booster is holding vacuum,,,,,a job like this when dealing with brakes I would let a technician diagnose the problem,,,,we don’t need you to get into a accident.

• Tom Busey says:

My vacuum pump warranty was extended for 10 years and 120k miles by BMW. You might check to see if you have the same deal.

• daren s says:

That’s fine I will check, My local dealer last week said no warranty for anything and said normal rate for diagnosis… and to leave the car there for days (with no loaner). I will go another dealership next town over and see if any additional warranty. My second option would be…… If I am going to spend 2 hrs on diagnosis at dealership should I just purchase a vacuum pump new for same amount any install myself. if is not that, I would then purchase power brake booster.

• I would first find out what the problem is,,,,replacing the vacuum pump or the brake booster are not easy jobs,,,,,the vacuum pump is behind bank 1 cylinder head and you have to remove the heat shield by the firewall which are not easy,,,,and the brake boost is a really tight fit and then you have to do a special bleeding procedure for the brakes and DSC unit.

• Daren says:

I put in water pump , stent and vacuum pump on my prior E66 N62 that eventually blew head gasket upon the Alt bracket oil leak. Had a 99 and 04 7 series . Have this and new G11. That’s why they did customer care package as I was screwed with all my prior 7s. Spending 250 at dealership to figure out what’s wrong when I can throw in a vacuum pump that is greater than 50% probability is bad I thought would be a wiser decision

• I like your drive to do this,,,,the vacuum pump on the E66 N62 was in the front and really easy,,,,on the N63 you will have to get under the car to remove one of the heat shield bolt on the passengers side,,,,you will also have to climb on top of the engine to reach the bolts for the vacuum pump,,,,it sounds like you have your mind made up to do this,,,,good luck and take your time.

• Daren says:

Well I was just about to purchase a vacuum pump and found out it was replaced in Jam 2016 when the N63 customer care was done. Would this part fail so quickly and I assume out of warranty. It’s a 2011. Only 10k miles since customer care

• I don’t think the part would fail that quickly,,,,besides the part might be covered under the 2yr parts and warranty coverage if it is bad.