F10 N55 in tank fuel pump

image Ok I know I have shown pictures of in tank fuel pump,,,,but this is a differ ten case,,,,,F10  with N55 check engine light on,,,,faults low fuel pressure,,,,fuel pressure stuck were the faults ,,,,car had no power also ran rough and idle was low and also long crank,,,,,this repair is for only in tank fuel pump before 10/2013image Here I’m removing the old fuel pump,,,,there is a lot to remove or stuff into this small opening when removing or replacing the in tank fu pump.image The only visual different is the connector on the new fuel pump has a plastic connector ,,,,,not like the original fuel pump has the wires exposed,,,,now the reason for replacing the fuel pump is for the faults ,,,,what is happening is the fuel is foaming up inside the fuel tank,,,,after replacing the fuel pump I have to program the car and do a conversion on the fuel pressure,,,,the conversion changes the in tank fuel pump fuel pressure from 5.2 bar up to 5.8 bar.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to F10 N55 in tank fuel pump

1. sam says:

hello, i also have a 2014 BMW f10 N55. I am getting a gurggling noise when tank is below 1/2 but above 1/4. I had BMW Replace fuel pump in tank (cost me $700) but am still getting this noise (and its very noticable when parked and sometimes while driving). Noise goes away if tank is above 1/2. I dont know what else it could be. It is defenitely coming from fuel pump. Could it be the fuel foaming up in tank causing this noise? Should i replace pump with a upgraded higher flow fuel pump? What can i do to resolve this noise. It is 100% not normal fuel pump whine noise……

• Is the noise coming from passengers side or from the drivers side,,,,,the fuel pump is on the passengers side,,,,on the drivers side there is a valve which could be making noise

• Sam says:

Sound is coming from passenger side rear seat area. Even louder outside the car in that area. Had fuel pump replaced but noise is still there. I’m ready to give it. The noise is a gurgling noise ( sound it makes is hard to explain … but it sounds like someone walking on 6” of snow ) that’s the noise it makes. Only when tank is below half and above 1/4. Any idea what else it could be aside from fuel pump? I may just have to put sound absorber along rear seat and under car.

• It sounds like the fuel pump is cavitation when the fuel is low ,,,,in the picture there are several fuel lines inside the fuel tank if they are not connected correctly or in the wrong place it can cause problem ,,,,,did you have the dealer look at the problem?,,,maybe a bad fuel pump it happens,,,maybe when the fuel gets low part of the fuel pump is not covered in fuel and starts to make that noise and sucking air,,,,maybe a bad fuel pump it happens.,,,,the fuel pump has a warranty if that’s the problem

2. sam says:

replaced fuel pump and noise is still there. it is definitely something with the fuel tank. I may just replace the entire fuel tank. The noise annoys me tremendously. I am assuming the only mechanical motor inside the fuel tank that can make noise is the fuel pump iteslf. Maybe i will replace entire gas tank and upgrade to a high flow fuel pump and see if anything changes……it just bothers the heck out of me. Noise only happens when above 1/4 tank and below half tank of gas…at least somebody else is experiencing the exact same issue…..no way is this normal though. its too too loud to be normal…

• Your problem might be the fuel tank but it’s hard to tell without hearing the noise,,,,but you said something about a high volume fuel pump which is not a good idea,,,,to much fuel to the fuel injector could cause a whole new problem.

3. Sam says:

Here is the similar sound my fuel pump makes if this helps. This is not my car but has exact same sound (my car does not have the whining noise this pump has. It has the other rattling noise in video ). I replaced pump but rattling noise is still there. Only loud when under 1/2 tank and above 1/4 tank.

• Thanks for the video,,,,I have never heard this noise before,,,sounds like the fuel is starving once the fuel level get below 1/2 or 1/4 tank,,,,maybe a fuel line inside the fuel tank is bad or cracked and causing this noise

• Sam says:

I’m going to pull rear seat out and then listen to it. Then gonna pull pump out completely and wire it up to 12v and listen to it.
        I actually also tried sound deafening material under rear seat but it did not help at all. It’s just driving me nuts. May need to also get a fuel pressure gauge and make sure pressure sits steady and does not shake back n forth when pump makes noise.
        So many variables….. but it’s so annoying this noise……drives me nuts. Thanks for your help though. Greatly appreciate ur time!!!!!

• You should wait until the noise starts and see which fuel lines are not sitting in fuel,,,,then check those fuel lines to see if they are cracked or sucking air.

• Sam says:

Very true. That’s exactly what I will do. Wait until it makes noise then take everything apart and investigate. Now I gotta but a fuel pump removal tool ($115). Uggggh and some driveway ramps to get under car ( I hear noise under car in fuel pump area ) Wheeeewweeee. Wish me luck!!!!!

• Good luck,,,,take your time

4. Sam Grossman says:

Hello, seems i have another fueling problem with my 2014 BMW 535i xdrive. The Car sputters between 3k-5k rpm and also see misfires across random cylinders. No check engine light. I Replaced Plugs (stock gap) and Coils with no luck…still getting random misfires under load.
    How can i troubleshoot this and what do i troubleshoot ?
    Im assuming it is a fueling issue with injectors or a vavuum leak.
    Here is the datalog below