BMW N20 turbo oil line bulletin

Here is the other bulletin that you guys have been talking about,,,,this is a list of the extended warranty on the N20 turbo oil line ,,,,this is the list of cars that are covered,,,,hopefully your cars are covered.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to BMW N20 turbo oil line bulletin

1. Trevor says:

I recently received a recall noticed for this problem. Coincidently, my car is showing a wastegate fault. Do you think I would be able to get the dealer to fix the wastegate issue under this recall? Can I make the argument that this flaw caused the turbo/wastegate to fail?

2. Trevor Lodge says:

Great info…is it worth repairing the wastgate vs replacing a new turbo? What’s the cost range for repairing the wastgate vs the cost of replacing a new turbo? I’m just thinking if they repair the wastgate then the turbo craps out 10k miles down the road. Is a bad wastgate an indication the turbo is about to die?

• You have a good point,,,,I don’t know the price of the turbo or wastegate,,,,but I can tell you the new turbo comes with a new wastegate and the labor hours to replace a turbo is 5 hours

• Trevor says:

Thanks again for the feedback. I opted for a new turbo. I won’t incur any labor cost since they have to disassemble the turbo to fix the recall, I just have to pay for the cost of the new turbo. Do you know if I can rebuild the old turbo to serve as a backup?

• You probably can have it rebuilt,,,,but I haven’t been able to find the parts to rebuild one yet,,,,I’m sure someone rebuilds them.

3. colin says:

So, it appears that BMW NA is not extending the warranty for any of the N20’s placed into X1 chassis. I am wondering if there is a difference in the install, or just in the total qty sold and then wealth of the owner that made them decide to just allow the extension for the 3 and 5 series’? I was quoted ~$5k to do the turbo and return line, only 10k miles out of warranty. Any thoughts or guidance??

• The dealer can check and see if the problem is the turbo line or if the problem is the turbo,,,,,if the problem is the the turbo then you will replace the turbo oil feed line at the same time

4. Benjamin says:

Does this intentionally leave out the N26 due to a different design or is it assumed N20/N26 are interchangeable?

5. Warren says:

I can’t thank you enough. I just brought the car into the dealership and I think having this bulletin definitely helped. They are replacing my ’12 328i oil feed line under warranty even though the rest of the car is out of warranty.