Burnt valve

ok I just love stuff like this,,,,this X5 with a N55 engine has been already at 3 different dealers for misfire on cylinder 1,,,,each dealer would replace ignition coils,,,spark plugs or fuel injector and they would ship the car saying it was fixed,,,,so my dealer gives me the car and tells me to find out what the problem is,,,,I knew 3 different set of spark plugs and ignition coils and injector did not fix the problem,,,,so I decided to check compression test,,,found 80lbs on cylinder 1,,,performed cylinder leakage test we had 80 percent leakage on cylinder 1,,,,I checked the intake no air leakage,,,checked the exhaust and found air coming out,,,ok now we know we have a problem internally with the engine,,,I installed a borescope to check out the valves but was unable to see anything,,,,so I had to remove the cylinder head and this is what I found,,,problem found,,,,happy customer

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Burnt valve

1. Musti says:

Ooh man, stories like this. The satisfaction. Keep posting this man. Any ideas how the valve get burnt like that? Because of my main work, I can’t work on cars often, but reading your experiences are keeping me alive. I had valvetronic issues with my N55 and you helped me sort it out months ago, thanks again for that. Happy follower from Belgium.

2. JC says:

Wow. That’s a first for me. Was there a lot of carbon in the combustion chamber?

3. Sam G says:

Good job 👏!!!

4. F30ed says:

Is it defective valve or is it burnt by using wrong fuel? What is the reason?

5. Bart Bixler says:

Disappointing that the other so called qualified BMW dealers tech’s could not find the problem, nobody is teaching basic troubleshooting anymore.

• Don’t get me started on this subject,,,lol,,,,this is a major problem with the newer and younger BMW techs,,,,they just know how to replace parts it’s a very sad issue in this business.

• Alan says:

Just blindly replacing parts makes more money mate!

Your kind will be run out of town if you keep looking after the customer like that!!

Bloody good work mate. Keep it up.

Your blogs are always a great read man.